Monday, May 25, 2009

a light and a smile...


just few days back
got past the rush hour

had to blend-in

and so was relaxing...

got a call.. got fret!!!
thoughts were empty
left with no choice
but looked up to heavens
"belief" was the reply!

soon I started the drive
smirking at all the faces I knew
with hope in my heart
and poise in my look

a mail chain calling for help
with time running out fast
kept my fingers crossed
...greeted with benevolence
and astounding willingness

tears ran through my heart

smiles thrived at last
a little relieved I was...
never knew how to thank

your push... hearty blessings
your concern... your love

helping my friend in need
brought back light to a diminishing shadow!

I owe you for eternity!

2 comments:

Bhaskar said...

Gautam, hats off to u man!!!! Really touching lines that bring tears at the onset and a smile @ the end for the reader.
Very gud work, keep it up :)

SuPra said...

Hey Sunny, I am truly impressed by the depth of the feelings you had experienced!! These words could not have captured the emotions so finely unless they were intense and true. I see this poem has traveled straight from the depths of your heart to the tips of your fingers...Nice one ra